CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION SOUTH AFRICA
Vacant Position: Western Cape Fundraising Coordinator (FC)
Based at: CHOC Western Cape
Reports to: Western Cape Regional Manager with a dotted line to the Business Development Unit Manager
Purpose: To design and implement an effective fundraising strategy to secure funding from a variety of sources for CHOC Western Cape and to create awareness of CHOC through the implementation of various campaigns.
- Ongoing research into new funding sources.
- In consultation with BDU (HO) securing new funders locally, nationally and internationally
- Develop funding proposals, applications and reports in line with donor requirements.
- Maintenance of Client Relationship Database
- Large fundraising events with good to high returns are to be planned and managed directly; smaller fundraising event should be executed by volunteers or external fundraisers, while the FC provides oversight for these.
- Ensure good public relations for events.
- Implement national campaigns in Western Cape Branch.
- Develop and implement regional campaigns to promote awareness of CHOC and/or to raise funds for CHOC Western Cape Branch.
- With the Regional Manager maintain and develop existing and new relationships with funders through ongoing communication
Data Management and General:
- Ensure that the CRM and all records relating to donors is regularly updated.
- With the Regional Manager prepare Fundraising Reports for the Regional Committee, as well as for the CEO and BDU Manager
Donor Care and Communications:
- With guidance from the national Communications Manager, prepare a regional newsletter to be distributed at least once a quarter.
- Ensure that every donation is acknowledged and thanked within 48 hours of receipt and that donors are appropriately cared for.
- Support Regional Manager, and under the guidance of the national Communications Manager, assist with a range of communications: PR, emailers, press releases and so on.
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in a relevant field.
- Ability to develop and write dynamic proposals.
- A proven track record of 3-5 years in fundraising within a Non Profit Organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to promote CHOC and effectively motivate for a funding need.
- Well networked and the ability to network
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Attention to detail
- Drivers license
- Be highly motivated with an appetite to take initiative and responsibility
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office)
- Additional Training / Experience: Experience in fundraising and donor relationship management; high level computer literacy, excellent written and communications skills, experience in using a CRM platform is preferred.
- Skills and Attributes: Attention to detail; organising skills; ability to work under pressure; creative and analytical skills; good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of corporate donors; strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities; strong team player who also works well independently.
This position is full-time and will be based at the CHOC Western Cape Office.
Salary between R252k –R300k per annum cost to company. CHOC only offers contributions towards a pension fund; there is no contribution towards medical aid or 13th cheque.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: INDICATE CLEARLY ON SUBJECT LINE: WC: FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
- A covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable for the position and your salary expectations.
- Your CV with the names and contact details of at least three recent references.
CHOC is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups.